Date:Fri 29/06/2018 - Sun 08/07/2018
Green Tara & the 21 Taras: The fearless, female Buddha of Active Compassion
This retreat is suitable for beginners, half-experienced and experienced students:
• Beginners and half-experienced will learn to draw Green Tara, as well as color or paint her after that. Total beginners will start learning how to draw a Buddha face (always the basis), before moving on to Green Tara. After the drawing you can choose to color her and learn the colour pencil techniques (advisable for total beginners and people who want to return home with a finished artwork), or make a start to paint her with the thangka painting techniques.
• More experienced students can choose to draw Green Tara and the 21 Taras in this retreat (and hopefully make a start coloring or painting it).
If you have drawn a Green Tara at Carmen’s classes before you can choose to transfer the drawing onto a canvas and start painting her. If you choose The 21 Taras as subject please contact Carmen before the retreat, so she can prepare this for you.
• This retreat can also be used to continue/finish other thangka artwork that you’ve been working on. Of course you will receive the grids of the subject of this retreat, to start in the future.
Besides the drawing/painting sessions in this course you will learn through lectures & slideshows all about Green Tara and her symbolism, her mantra and meaning, as well as practicing her meditations.
You don’t need any drawing or painting experience. Carmen offers a lot of individual guidance, at your own level.
English and Italian: The teachings are given in English, and when there are a lot of Italians they will also be translated in Italian by one of the advanced Italian students.
Advantages of a long thangka retreat:
· In this 10-day painting course you can really go in-depth
· Including all nights and delicious Italian meals, with organic vegetables from
own compound, freshly prepared every day with love
· Meet students from different countries and make new friends
· The course is set in Kushi Ling, the most beautiful Buddhist Centre of Italy,
amidst the mountains and olive trees
· You can fly cheaply to Verona or Milan
· Great possibility to combine this retreat with vacation in Italy (e.g. to Lake
Garda and Verona
Course fee: 250 Euros, half course (4 days) : 140 Euros. (+15 Euros membership)
(+ 15 € Euros annual membership fee for non-members)
CONDITIONS FOR YOUR REGISTRATION
If not indicated differently our courses begin on the evening of the first day and end after dinner of the last day.
We ask you to kindly register before the date indicated in the program.
Please send an email or call us to register; your registration will be accepted as soon as we have received the bank transfer of the course fee.
If you have to cancel your registration at a later point in time we will keep 15 € service charge.
If your cancellation arrives only 3 days before the beginning of the course we will have to keep the whole course fee.
HOW TO REGISTER
Please fill in the form below or call us
You will receive a confirmation email specifying whether there is a place available for you, how much you have to send and the bank details.